Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday, September 23, 2013





Alright this week has been crraazzyyy! But I guess that's missionary life huh :)
On Monday we had our first lesson with Levi. It went so well! I think he is really golden. We had another appointment with him for yesterday though and he had to cancel because he got called into work and he works out of town this whole week :/ So hopefully we will meet with him soon.
We weren't able to meet with Josh again either because he has been out of town. But have a time set up for Wednesday so hopefully this lesson will go better.
Sister Roth and I drove up to St George Tuesday morning to drop her off. It was so weird that day because I didn't have a companion. I spent the whole day at the Visitors Center. It was good to be back there but also good to be back out here. I love being outbound and especially here in Kaibab.. love it!
Anyways, so that night I stayed in an apartment with 2 other outbound sisters that were training too. We then had a trainers meeting Wednesday morning and got our companions. This world is so small and our Heavenly Father works in such mysterious ways. So my new companion is Sister Hollander. She is from Johannesburg, South Africa. She actually found me on Instagram in like February or March and we are facebook friends as well. We talked here and there before I left and she also emailed me my first week out. So when they called my name I freaked out. It was so funny!
I feel bad because she just had to jump right into missionary life. We got back to Kanab about 5pm on Wednesday and went straight to dinner at a members home and then had a lesson and some good tracting experiences. She is great though. I remember when I first came out I was so nervous.. never knowing what to say to people we were teaching but she is awesome. She has already grown so much in the 5 days we have been together. She is a great example to me and I am super excited for the next 11 weeks with her.. We are going to get work done! Ya!
Thursday we had our trek up to Hurricane for DTM. We are now in the "Sagebrush" district. Ya.. I know the name fits perfectly for our areas. Hahaha. They have been splitting all the districts and creating new ones. Ours has 3 sets of sisters and 1 elders. It's pretty great! Sisters are taking over! ;) Yaaa!
That evening we had a lesson with the Hoopers a less active family we tracted out. They are super great. I love them. She is super loud and outgoing and her husband is this huge man but just a big teddy bear. He is so shy. But they are really wanting to go to the temple so hopefully we can help out with that. :)
Friday we spent time out in Fredonia contacting some families and also in Colorado City. We visited with the Chatwins and got to know more about their opinions on the different polygamy churches.. It was interesting. They are so great though. I love them. They are so friendly and such great people... Just a little confused right now ;) haha
Saturday we had a list of a bunch of families that Bishop Adair wanted us to visit in Cane Beds so spent the afternoon there. We came back and tracted in Kanab too. Agh tracting stinks. It's so hard so find people.
That evening was the "Robinson" girls baptism! It was pretty crazy.. There was like 70 people. It was amazing! It was so exciting to see the 4 girls all get baptized and confirmed yesterday. I love their family so much. I know they are someone I will always keep in contact with. I can not wait for the day that they can all get sealed together. This is what it is all about! The temple! Speaking of.. We are having a mission temple trip this week too. I am so excited. I think that is the hardest part about a mission.. not being able to go to the temple hardly ever. This will be my first time since the MTC so first time in the St George temple too! Can not wait!
Yesterday was a crazy Sunday. One of my main goals this transfer is to go to as many ward councils as we can each week. So we went to 3 ward councils and 2 sacraments and had stake coordination. Talk about crazy. But it was good. I think it will help get the members more involved and help us get to know them better too!
Last night we had a lesson with Connor and it was so perfect. We decided to teach him about personal revelation. We had him think of a questions he had, pray to himself and open the scriptures to a random spot. He opened up to Alma 42 and it was perfect! All about the atonement and the last verse talks about preaching the word unto the people AKA go on a mission! It was so great!
I love this work so much and love being able to see the Lord in my life every single day and to see it working in others lives as well and that we get to be the instrument to help them.
I hope that all of you will be able to look out for the Lord in your life every day. There is miracles all around we just have to look.
LOVE YOU ALL!

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment