Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 3, 2014

Hi, how's it going??

Wow this week has been crazy! But does that surprise me? No, thats the mission :) 

Sister Diaz and I traveled down in the transfer van to St George Tuesday night. Right as I get there I had to run to a meeting with our Stake President and then Coordination meeting with my new companions. Oh more formal introductions: Sister Arnold is from Germany, 22 years old, beautiful singing voice, and gives great German tours at the VC. Sister Garcia is from Quebec Canada, 23 years old, hil-ar-i-ous, and gives great French tours at the VC. Unfortunately Sister Arnold is headed to the airport right now to board her plane home. (Hence the craziness of this week) But this week had been one that I will never forget on my mission. We really learned to all love each other in these 6 days. We were just getting used to the trio life. We had so much fun, and even got a bunk bed :) Felt like the MTC again! We know that we were all placed together for a reason. Sister Arnold showed us the area and people as much as we could in that split time with the VC. So it's like Sister Garcia and aI are now "white-washing" but it will be good. We see how much potential there is here in the Bloomington stake. The Stake President is so awesome. He has really caught the fire and feel for member missionary work! We are so excited to see what the Lord has in store for us here!!!!!

We already picked up 1 new investigator too! His name is Harry- approximate age:80. I am so excited! I'm not sure why but I have wanted to baptized someone really old! Anyways, it was awesome. One of our ward mission leaders actually set it up for us. So Harrys wife, Mary, is a convert. Got baptized when they were kinda newly-weds maybe within the first 10 years of marriage. Anyways, we taught the Restoration and he has some very valid questions but the spirit was there nonetheless. He has been an extremely stubborn man over the last decades but he has really opened up now. We can tell that he has been being prepared this whole time. The timing just needed to be right and now that he is getting older I think he is seeing why he needs the gospel. Eekkkk we are excited to keep working with them! Prays for Harry por favor!

We found a new less-active, Alice, to start teaching too. Thanks to the bishop! Ah the people here are awesome! We have received so many referrals already! Anyways, Alive is a convert of 11 years. Her husband was born into the church but he passed away just like 3-4 weeks ago. Before he passed he told her that she needed to become more active. She just doesn't have much knowledge of the gospel. We taught her the Restoration yesterday and watched the Restoration DVD. It was powerful. There is such a spirit with media. I love it! Which is why I am called to the VC again. It has such power!

We have an investigator, "T". He is living with the Mayor of St George who is in our area. He is from Colorado City but has been living with the Pikes now for about 1 year I think. He is only 17 but the Pikes have brought him into their home with such great love. We have had 2 lessons with T since we got here and oh he is so ready. He is nervous to meet with out mission president but we know that he can be ready. We had a very powerful lesson with T and the Pikes last night at the VC and the spirit was amazing! We talked about recognizing the Holy Ghost and Temples as well. He wants to go into the Temple so badly and wants it for his family as well.

The temple is just such an amazing place and I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord and especially in this mission and right by the temple. I love that you can literally see it anyway in St George! 

Here is a Mormon Message I wanted to share with yall today!!! Please watch, I love it!

Anyways, running out of time. But know that I love you all! And so does our Heavenly Father!!!

PS Had some visitors at the VC this week. Cassie, Karlee and Julianna from Kanab came in and I about died! Ekk missed my Kanab friends!!!!


~Sister Allen
107 S 1470 E STE 304
St George, UT 84790





No comments:

Post a Comment