Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014 Staying another transfer

Hello, How's it going??

Transfer calls: I'm staying in Moroni with Sister Diaz again :) We are both super happy. I just can't believe I've already been here a whole transfer. It has flown by, but at the same time I feel like I've known her and everyone forever. Either way I am glad I get to stay.

I've realized member missionary work is super hard here in a small town. Some members here refer to everywhere else besides Utah "the mission field". They often think there is no work and that people will never change. Drives me insane, because you truly don't understand the power of the atonement if you think that. So we are working on truly converting the members here and teaching them the lessons too :) Every dinner appointment we have (which is 5 nights a week, I know we are spoiled) we teach the Restoration afterwards. It's been working out good!

"Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." Ok go re-read the last 4 words because that is the tricky part. We invite others to come unto Christ and endure to the end just as much as we do prepare them for baptism and help them receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. We don't just baptize people, we bring others to Christ continually. Less active work is missionary work and just as rewarding.

So Darwin and Mary have now been smoke free for 10 days!!!!!!!!!!! :) We did the stop smoking program with them and it worked! Hallelujah! We celebrated their 1 week Friday with brownies, popcorn, and Finding Faith in Christ. Gotta love this missionary life. Really though I love this couple so much! They have been less active for years and are now back to activation and working towards the temple. On Friday we also talked about the day when we can all enter the temple together. It's the greatest feeling knowing you have helped someone along that path. (The first picture down below is of me with them, and Grandma Wanda)

A huge reason why I'm glad neither of us left is because of Lucille. She is the one I've mentioned before that has major anxiety and really bad migraines so she doesn't get out much. She opened up to us even more and although we can't set up return appointments because she doesn't know when she will feel well enough we decided to just stop in randomly and see if she would want to go for a walk. She needs to get out and we figured that would be a good way to work her into going out more. Our mission president wants us to work with the pamphlets for all the lessons so we figured we could get the lessons in that way while we walk :) I have truly felt like she was one of the major reasons why I come here and am staying here another transfer. She wanted to make sure we both said in our emails today that she loved us the minute we walked in that door the first time. She felt comfort and knew that we would be the ones to help her and her husband get to the temple. She calls us family, and it's true. We are all part of one big family and once again, I can't wait to enter the temple when her and Larry can get sealed! :)

Here are some of my favorite quotes from this past week:
"Maybe I'll come back as a bird and poop on everyone. Hahaha" Darwin- talking about reincarnation
"Sometimes we'd get hungry and have to eat one there." Betty- talking about working at the Turkey Plant here
But then there those spiritual ones you just love:
"We can have our own sacred grove." -a comment made in Relief Society yesterday
"When I get up here I don't feel like just a child.. I feel like a child of God." -11 year old girl bearing her testimony
"When I saw my little sister get baptized I was just surprised.. It was like the Wizard of Oz- watching her follow the yellow brick road." -12 year old boy bearing his testimony

Picture directory:
- Only 104 miles from Salt Lake :0
- Found a "singles" sign.. Looks like S Diaz is looking for one. But I'm more than happy being in a relationship with the Lord ;) PS Don't mind my nun outfit and bun remember I am in a relationship with the Lord.. oh and it was weekly planning day!
- It was Kash's (7) birthday this week so we decorated his door. Best live in missionaries ever :)
- Fountain Green sign (one of the towns we cover)

LOVE YOU ALL! Hope you have a great week and Easter! Click here for an Easter Video!

~Sister Allen
107 S 1470 E STE 304
St George, UT 84790






No comments:

Post a Comment