Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 26th, 2014

Hello, How's it going?

Life is pretty great isn't it!? Hmm where do I even start.. I hit my 10 month mark! No we aren't going to talk about that. That just freaks me out! I'm still a greenie!

Well, Andy got baptized!!!!! I was a huge stress ball, as I am every baptism I have had but it all worked out. It was a small, simple baptism but just perfect for him. He is now an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! He just has such a simple, yet powerful testimony! And hey I finally got to baptize someone with big tattoos. I don't know why but that has been a mission dream of mine. Well I do know why.. I just love it because you can visually see the power of the atonement! I love that you can see how he was and to know of he has now become. I can not wait til he goes through the temple to yet again so him all dressed in white. My favorite thing ever!

And this weekend, I will get to witness another dressed in white enter into the waters of baptism- Pat! I talked all about his story last week and I just can not wait!!! He had his baptism interview and is all ready to go! So expect more pictures next week.

As for Lisa.. She was supposed to get baptized this upcoming Saturday too but we haven't been able to see her as much as we'd like and she still needs some time. But she's still super solid so no worries :)

Did you know that Utah missions are the best? Yep, it's true. We are just so spoiled beyond belief. All of us Visitors Center sisters got a free cleaning and check up at the dentist this last week, we have people pay for our meals when we go out, or our groceries at Walmart. People are always saying hi and asking if there is anything they can do for us. Pretty much we are like celebrities here. I Just wanted to throw that little shout out to the dentistry and always remember peoples generosity here.

We will get our transfer calls this Saturday and I'm kinda freaking out a bit, as always. But I also know that our mission president is truly inspired so I have full faith and trust in Him. It's just the fear of the unknown. So next week when I get on I will know where I will be for the next 6 weeks. And who knows when my Pday will be next week so Mom, be looking out Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.

I had the BEST day of my entire life this last Monday. The St George Temple is currently closed for cleaning so we got the opportunity to give some service and help clean it. It was just a win win situation. The best ever! So Sister Phagwah, Sister Achambault, Sister Nicholls, and Sister Garcia and I all went together. We were able to dust some of the sealing rooms and we sung hymns as we did. I never knew I could have such an amazing experience cleaning the temple while there were drills and all sorts of noises going on but still the most peaceful feeling. After we were done we also got to get a tour of the whole temple. We got to go in some very special rooms where I know that the savior has walked himself. I know that the temples we have across the world are truly the House of the Lord. It just makes me think of how we will feel when we can reunite with our Heavenly Father and Christ again! I love this gospel! I love this plan that our Heavenly Father has given us for our benefit. Everything is for us! No matter what challenges or hard times we have He has done this all for us. 

Our mission has decided to give us a scripture or something to memorize each week so here is last weeks: THE STANDARD OF TRUTH - Joseph Smith (Wentworth letter)
"The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent , till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."

I just love this gospel and love this time I have to serve everyone!!!!!! And of course, I love you all! Thanks for all your prayers and support!


~Sister Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment