Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014- "..the sacred word of God, to which we owe all our happiness." -Alma 44

Hello everyone, how's it going??

Today is officially my parents last day of their mission!!!!! Insane right? I just can not believe where time has gone, but I am so grateful for this opportunity I have had to serve at the same time as them and to share all these experiences. It will be weird for them to be home and not missionaries, but at the same time it will be weird to go home and know that while I was gone they were missionaries. They left after me and will return home before me. Crazy!

Anyways, this week has flown by but at the same time some things seem like they were forever ago. For example, our interviews we had this week. We had interviews with President and Sister Center. I was nervous as always, and not feeling too well that day but they were really good actually!! I just love them so much!!!!!! Its kinda cool being at the tail end of my mission for one thing- that I am finally starting to feel comfortable around them and like we are just friends! I love them. I am maybe starting to feel excited for my first Missionary Leadership Council which is good because it's this week. I have realized so much lately about how we need to be a mission family! Its easy to go through our missions thinking of ourselves, our companionship, our maybe even our district but it just has hit me how much we need to be strengthened as a mission family. Maybe if we do that we can then be a church family. We talk about that but don't see it too much here. So I am excited for zone meeting this week and zone conference next week (on my birthday)!!!! I hope it pumps us up as a mission because it seems like everyone has been down lately.

On a good note- Eric has a testimony!!!!!!!!! YES Eric, our military, tough, no touchy feely investigator! We had a lesson with him the first part of this last week at the Visitors Center. We had him watch the Joseph Smith movie: the prophet of the Restoration. He told us afterwards that he didn't disagree with anything in that movie. Haha he's so funny. He always beats around he bushes when we ask questions like that. He likes facts and proof of things. Anyways,after we left we saw him like 2 blocks down just walking. We knew he had to be pondering on the things we had talked about! We then pulled over to pray for the great spirit we all felt and that he would be touched and recognize his answers. Then our next lesson he told us that he went on a walk after our lesson to ponder! (eeekkkk!) then he decided to walk around the temple!!! And that's when he told us he believes he has a testimony! He said its little but hey we got to start somewhere! Then the bishop texted us yesterday and said he got up and bore his testimony!!!!!!!!!!!! We are seeing him tonight and I am so excited to see where he is now. We having been slowly having him pray more specifically so tonight we are going to pray about a specific date to be baptized on. He has been slowly progressing but he is coming along :)

We picked up a new investigator this last week-Dale. He has gone to church the last 3 Sundays and paid his tithing all 3 times. Ya what the what!? Him and his wife, Immi, just moved here 1 month ago from Tennessee. A x-mission president and his wife in our area told us about them and had us go stop by. The first time we met Immi, she is Korean. We talked to her on their porch for maybe 5-10 minutes. They were baptist but looking around at churches here. She has gone to church just once so far. Anyways, Dale was sleeping at that time but we went back and met Dale Saturday. They both are liking it here so far and liked church but unfortunately she went to the baptist church yesterday. But funny- Dale came and he said he hopes she doesn't like the baptist church here and oped that they would have bad speakers. Haha anyways, they are super open and we are so exited! Hopefully we can pick up Immi as a new investigator as well. We did get her a Korean Book of Mormon so she was super excited for that! We shall see..

Funny story: So we came home one night and there was a ginormous spider on the wall right outside our door. It was terrifying oh my goodness! (There is a picture of it below) Anyways I didn't know what to do so I finally mustered up the courage to grab a basketball to throw at it. We had nothing else, okay!? So I threw it and I hit it perfectly and it just fell down dead! Ah God helped me with that one because I'm sure it wouldve attacked us if I didn't kill it the first time. Sister Hokanson got it on video so someday I will show it to you mom! Hahaha so funny! I think it was just preparing me for scorpions back home. Ugh anyways...

Sister Hokanson cut her finger this week and all we had was sticky notes. Hahaha she didn't think it would work but I convinced her that it would and it did! Hence the picture below!

Today we went to the temple and it was so good to go again. It had been like 3+ months since I had gone before. I love the temple!!!!! Just what I needed :)

Well I better get going but know that I love you!!!!!!!! Have a great week :)


~Sister Allen
881 S River Rd.
St George, UT 84790



No comments:

Post a Comment